Thank you for your interest in joining the Technical Adventures team.
Technical Adventures is proud to be the IT department for 100+ NJ based businesses that have offices in New Jersey, across the continental United States and abroad. We provide extreme customer service by coordinating with each client to select the perfect combination of support, services, and systems required. Clients benefit from our flexibility and ability to match our service offerings to their needs as their businesses change and grow.
IT Support Technician
The support technician is responsible for resolving hardware and software issues associated with desktop/laptop PCs, peripherals, and Microsoft Servers. The technician must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-motivated, and work well in a tight-knit group.
Core competencies – broad background in AD and MS2008/2012+ servers. To be successful, an applicant should have in-depth experience with distributed file system replication (DFSR); advanced file server permissions delegation and rights management; Group Policy (GPO); advanced OU management; and scripting (VBScript or PowerShell). Experience with VMware ESX, virtualization analysis, and consolidation activities are a plus. Experience in network attached storage (NAS) and Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies such as EMC / NetApp / Dell is desired.
Experience with cloud based technologies such as Office365, AWS, Azure, VOIP, etc is a big plus!
Responsibilities will regularly include scheduled on-site visits, remote sessions and support, short-term projects, after hours on-call rotation, and occasional emergency support. The IT Support Technician is expected to remain professional and courteous while in contact with clients. Must be able to deal with the occasional high-stress situation in a calm manner.
Communication: clear, concise, and professional communication with end users and decision makers alike is a must. Proper telephone presence is crucial.
Team player: is willing to work with other team members and contribute in knowledge transfers, ask questions of other team members, etc.
Love tech: you’ve really got to enjoy working in tech and want to grow in knowledge and expertise. This will make you valuable to us and our clients.
To apply, send your resume by FAX 908-647-0054 or email Donnie (AT symbol) technicaladventures.com.
Customer Service Dispatcher
We’re looking for someone to handle our service scheduling and dispatch. Service requests are initiated by phone, online portal, e-mail, or internally. Your role is to provide up-front information collection with possible technical triage in order to start a service ticket. You would be responsible for ticket assignments and monitoring of ticket statuses via AutoTask. All while providing excellent customer service!
• Answer phone and create service tickets for customers.
• Understand overall service desk objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
• Monitor all service tickets for our technicians.
• Serve as point person on outstanding customer pre- and post-delivery ticket or service issues and provide status updates to team and clients.
• Improve customer service, relationships, and satisfaction.
• Understand processes in AutoTask by completing assigned training materials from the AutoTask University site. Become a AutoTask expert for the dispatch functions (training provided).
• Schedule internal and technical service team priorities in AutoTask.
• Communicate with all team members throughout the ticket and service process via phone, chat, and email.
• Work with management to escalate service requests as needed.
• Manage the dispatch process to maximize utilization of technical resources.
• Conduct technical triage during phone requests to assign help desk or technical resources.
• Perform customer follow-up to verify final resolution and ensure satisfaction.
• Provide service reports and metrics.
• Track inventory.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Professional and personable demeanor
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer care skills
• Dependable and punctual
• Organized and attentive
• Can multitask, be dynamic
• Passion for IT
• AutoTask experience
• IT Support experience
• Scheduling and dispatch experience
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)